5 Song Shuffle Monday
Stolen from Shira Anthony, who stole it from Eric Arvin, here’s my first five songs that came up on random shuffle on my iPod. Just in case you needed any more convincing I’m one weird mama-jamma.
1. Police Teeth – Christian Rudolph, A Man of Science
How can you not love a song that opens extolling you to wipe the fake blood off your face?
2. Gil Scott-Heron – The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Holy crap, you couldn’t think of a more diametrically opposed song. This is a great rabble rousing ’70’s poem put to music.
3. Gaytheist – Taking Back Sunday From Taking Back Sunday
And yet more musical whiplashing, as this is a hard charging but short instrumental from these punk noisemakers.
4. A Place To Bury Strangers – Don’t Burn The Fires
Thematically, this fits with Police Teeth and Gaytheist very well. Noise is ruling the day on my iPod. (Sorry Gil.)
5. The Sex Pistols – Pretty Vacant
Dare I say The Sex Pistol’s best song? I think so. This is a wonderfully snotty, sneering tune that I always want to sing along with. Probably not really what they intended, but we’re pretty vacant, and we don’t care.